Saturday, September 20, 2008

Do you like pickels?


Do you like your pickels fried?
If so here is a very simple receipe.
First thing to know I don't measure when I cook.
Take pickels (you can use any varity you like, I used the spears) and dry them on a paper towel. While they are drying put batter together.
Turn your fryer to 350 degrees.
Take your pancake batter,1 egg,and water and mix well try to get all lumps out.
You want the batter thick so it will stick to the pickel. If you do a regular jar of pickels it does not take alot of batter. I made way to much. You can always make more batter.
I added a little seasoning salt after the batter was mixed.
I fried them for about 3 mins.
When they are golden brown I then put them out on a paper towel.
Serve with ranch dressing


Fried tortilla chips.
Turn fryer on to 350 degrees.
Cut totilla shells (burritos) into big bite size pieces.
Fry tortilla chips for about 10-15 secs. or until golden brown.
Drain them on paper towels and salt when warm.
Serve with Salsa or cheese dip

8 comments:

Beauty said...

Hi, thank you for letting me taste the pickles.....and the chips were great! m

chillywilly said...

I was going to but the guys ate them all sorry.

momma24 said...

Hey no fair. I didn't get any. :(

chillywilly said...

mom didn't either between the 3 guys and me there was non left over for her to try.

Lisa said...

were they good? what kind of pickles did you use?

chillywilly said...

I just used Valasic spears. I am going to try the oval slices next. These were good just two big. I should have sliced them long ways. to make two and thinner.

momma24 said...

How come BB is a follower on your blog and not mine? That is not fair!!

Lisa said...

well make some for renita and me!!!